About the AAADA
About the Australian Antique and Art Dealers Association
- The AAADA is the leading industry body representing Antique and Fine Art dealers in Australia.
- Our members operate well established businesses, are respected for their expertise in their chosen fields, and continually seek to expand that knowledge.
- The AAADA is consulted by Government Agencies and Collectors Societies on all matters relating to Antiques and the Fine Arts.
- AAADA members offer professional advice and a commitment to advancing the understanding of Antiques and Fine Arts in the Australian community.
- To promote the appreciation and preservation of Antiques and Fine Arts.
- Ensure a professional standard that protects the value of items purchased.
- Fully describe our products and stand behind our sales descriptions.
- Adhere to the AAADA 'Code of Practice' which clearly outlines our responsibilities to customers.
- Maintain high ethical standards and comply with all Government and statutory requirements.
- Conduct educational lectures to the public on a range of Antiques and Arts subjects.
- Provide a Conciliation Service to facilitate the resolution of disputes.
- Provide referral to providers of quality ancillary services, through our 'Approved Service Providers' scheme.
- Operate fully vetted quality Fairs and Exhibitions.
- Encourage the collecting habit through public membership of The AAADA Society', offering information and ancillary benefits.