Welcome to the AAADA
This site is your definitive guide to buying, collecting, selling, valuing and restoring antiques and art with confidence, from Australia's leading antiques and fine art dealers and their approved service providers.
This site lists our expertly vetted members who uphold the principles of the Association and adhere to its Codes of Practice. You also find Service Providers who have been recommended by our members for their abilities to provide various categories of restoration, valuations and ancillary services.
If you would like this information in booklet form pick up a copy of The Essential Buyers Guide for Antiques & Art at any of our members shops or order a free copy from our secretary by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0401 995 501.
About the AAADA
About the Australian Antique and Art Dealers Association
- The AAADA is the leading industry body representing Antique and Fine Art dealers in Australia.
- Our members operate well established businesses, are respected for their expertise in their chosen fields, and continually seek to expand that knowledge.
- The AAADA is consulted by Government Agencies and Collectors Societies on all matters relating to Antiques and the Fine Arts.
- AAADA members offer professional advice and a commitment to advancing the understanding of Antiques and Fine Arts in the Australian community.
- To promote the appreciation and preservation of Antiques and Fine Arts.
- Ensure a professional standard that protects the value of items purchased.
- Fully describe our products and stand behind our sales descriptions.
- Adhere to the AAADA 'Code of Practice' which clearly outlines our responsibilities to customers.
- Maintain high ethical standards and comply with all Government and statutory requirements.
- Conduct educational lectures to the public on a range of Antiques and Arts subjects.
- Provide a Conciliation Service to facilitate the resolution of disputes.
- Provide referral to providers of quality ancillary services, through our 'Approved Service Providers' scheme.
- Operate fully vetted quality Fairs and Exhibitions.
- Encourage the collecting habit through public membership of The AAADA Society', offering information and ancillary benefits.